Your Creativity, Hobby, or Skill into a Business & Grow Professional Autonomy
From Experienced Side Hustlers & Guest Expert Coaches, While Connecting with a Network of Likeminded Creative Entrepreneurs
New Lines of Income & Learn to Manage Your Time, Energy & Focus Across Your Portfolio of Work
Check out Side Hustle 101 Mini Lesson #1 - Side Hustle: what it means & why it matters
Download Side Hustle 101 mini lesson #2: Side Hustle Principles & Rituals
Check out this video introduction to the principles that our 300+ Side Hustle 101 grads follow to guide how they work. Before we dive into tactics & strategies to start and grow your business, it's important to acknowledge the Three Principles of Side Hustling: be mindful of pace (go slow & fast), test before you execute, & strive for progress over perfection.
YOUR INVESTMENT (Early-Bird Pricing)
ENROLMENT IS NOW OPEN!!! SPACE IS LIMITED FOR THE NEXT SIDE HUSTLE 101 COURSE & EARLY-BIRD PRICING IS AVAILABLE UNTIL OCT. 10th. Standard pricing of $250 applies Oct. 11th - Nov. 11th.REGISTER NOW!
A Partnership to Empower Creators, Makers, Artists, & All Creative Entrepreneurs to Thrive in the New World of Work.
The Maker's Collective and The Canon Creator Lab have collaborated to support multi-passionate creatives to take control of their future by learning to transform creativity, skills, and ideas, into meaningful lines of income through side hustling. In 2021, everyone can be a side hustler. Side Hustle 101 is the blueprint and the community you need to make your side hustle dream a reality.
"Side Hustle 101 changed my business paradigm within the first training session. I am moving forward in a more effective manner with much more confidence. As a side hustler I was always concerned that I was under pricing my products and through the course I have learned how to conduct Customer Discoveries to get a feel for what the customer is looking for and if I am on the right track along with how to test price. Best course I have taken in 30 years."
Paul Marcotte (recently retired, transformed wood working hobby into a side hustle & shared pass-time with his son).
Side Hustle 101 Alumni
The Side Hustle 101 Experience
- A 6 week online course that provides the roadmap you need to launch your side hustle, the tactics & strategies to better manage your time, energy & focus as you grow your side hustle, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs to support navigating the mindset blockers that often slow down the side hustle journey.
- You’ll attend 6 LIVE online training sessions (1/week, 2 hrs each, via zoom) to learn the systems, skills & mindsets you need to launch your thriving side hustle. You'll also learn about a range of social media platforms & ecommerce options you can leverage to bring your side hustle to life. These online sessions will also feature guest expert coaches to provide deeper insights & diverse perspectives into the best practices for growing your side hustle.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to attend two weekly drop-in office hour sessions (60 minutes each), where you can get personalized support to help you take action to bring your side hustle idea to life.
- And, if you prefer a more self-directed learning experience, you’ll have access to recordings of all online training sessions, along with the tools & templates you need to implement the key ideas that are introduced throughout the course.
Side Hustle 101 Course Overview
Are you ready to find your Side Hustle focus & elevate your skills as an entrepreneur? Learn more about Side Hustle 101 & how we'll help you take action to bring side hustle to life.
The movement begins November 11th, 2021, LIVE via Zoom!
Meet Your Instructor
In a past life, Jeff was a high school English & ESL teacher. He left the traditional workplace of the past in 2012 looking for more autonomy, meaning & money through entrepreneurship. He spent the first 2.5 years of that journey doing pretty much nothing but failing. Making mistakes. Falling down. Trying to get back up. Holding space in Side Hustle 101 to acknowledge and normalize these realities of side hustling is where the course begins.
Today, Jeff is pursuing the currencies that matter most to him through a portfolio approach to his professional life. He is growing an adaptable portfolio of work through side hustling that currently includes:
- leading side hustle programming and building partnerships with The Maker's Collective.
- Running a freelance business working with large organizations, and post-secondary institutions, to create and launch new courses and educational products.
- delivering training & coaching to small business owners through a range of nonprofit organizations.
What lights him up more than anything is leading Side Hustle 101 to support grassroots creators, makers, artists and other creative entrepreneurs who want to walk their own walk. We live in a time of individual empowerment and Jeff believes that building a portfolio of work through side hustling is the key to re-designing your life and creating your future.
Get to Know Our Current* Roster of
*Please note that the roster of coaches for the next round of the course may not include everyone listed below.
Meg Jacklin - Copper and Gold
Meet Meg Jacklin, who works full-time at a University, while being the owner of @copperandgoldproject - her passion project turned business. Meg is a master thrifter and DIY queen, finding lifestyle designs for the home and bringing them to life for her audience!
Before SH101 Meg:
- Had a good concept for her Instagram page (3K followers) & her business, but felt like there were still a lot of unknowns
- Would have never called herself an entrepreneur
- Was keen to expand and learn new skills to bring her business to life
After SH101 Meg walked away:
- Feeling confident calling herself an entrepreneur
- Knowing how to test ideas and do research to set herself up for success
- Feeling much more resilient
- Understanding how to be more accountable by installing a routine and mechanisms to do the work
Today, Meg has had multiple product launches sell out through her online market, she's hit 10K on Instagram and is on the pathway to monetizing her platform!
"I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking for a well organized and supportive platform to launch and grow a successful business. The coaches and instructors were well experienced and very helpful each step of the way!"
Side Hustle 101 Alumni
About The Maker's Collective
The Maker’s Collective is an online business community and education network for fellow entrepreneurs and side hustlers to ignite their passion, create their dream life and level up in business.
Whether you are just getting started turning a passion/skill into a side-hustle, growing your portfolio as a freelancer, or growing and scaling your business, we are your trusted resource and support network.
The Maker’s Collective is a movement dedicated to supporting and educating the next generation of professionals who are ready to transform their life and career through entrepreneurship.
Find out more: here
About The Canon Creator Lab
The Canon Creator Lab’s purpose is to help foster the next generation of creative entrepreneurs by providing them with access to gear, education, support, and a community that will expand their skills and knowledge to share their creations with the world.
Find out more: here