Enter stage left:
A 6-week, interactive online course to help you transform your mindset, confidence, and skill sets to start and grow a thriving side hustle.
The journey begins January 26, 2021.
Your Idea, Hobby, or Skill into a Business & Grow Your Portfolio of Work
From Experienced Side Hustlers & Guest Expert Coaches, While Connecting with a Network of Likeminded Side Hustlers
New or Multiple Lines of Income & Learn to Manage Your Time & Energy Across Multiple Projects
"Side Hustle 101 changed my business paradigm within the first training session. I am moving forward in a more effective manner with much more confidence. As a side hustler I was always concerned that I was under pricing my products and through the course I have learned how to conduct Customer Discoveries to get a feel for what the customer is looking for and if I am on the right track along with how to test price. Best course I have taken in 30 years."
Side Hustle 101 Alumni
SIDE HUSTLE 101: INFO SESSION (Jan. 20th)
Wondering if Side Hustle 101 is the right fit for you to take your side hustle to the next level? Join us on Jan. 20th from 7:00 - 7:45 PM EST to learn more about SH101 & hear directly from some of our alumni side hustlers about how Side Hustle 101 transformed their side hustle journeys.
A recording of the info session will be sent to everyone who registers, along with a special 10% discount code. Are you ready to make 2021 the Year of Your Side Hustle?
The Side Hustle 101 Experience
- A 6 week online course (Jan. 26th - Mar. 4th) that provides the roadmap you need to launch your side hustle, the tactics & strategies to better manage your time, energy & focus as you grow your side hustle, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs to support navigating the mindset blockers that often slow down the side hustle journey.
- You’ll attend 6 LIVE online training sessions (1/week, 2 hrs each, via zoom) to learn the systems, skills & mindsets you need to launch your thriving side hustle. These online sessions will also feature guest expert coaches to provide deeper insights & diverse perspectives into the best practices for growing your side hustle.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to attend a weekly drop-in office hour session (90 minutes), where you can get personalized support to help you take action to bring your side hustle idea to life.
- And, if you prefer a more self-directed learning experience, you’ll have access to recordings of all online training sessions, along with the tools & templates you need to implement the key ideas that are introduced throughout the course.
Side Hustle 101 Course Overview
Download the Course Overview to learn more about the course content, schedule & how Side Hustle 101 will help to take action to bring your side hustle to life!
"Anyone interested in exploring the Side Hustle world would be well served taking this course. I got so much more than I bargained for...expert training, a comprehensive toolkit complete with useful templates, coaches with real world experience and the added bonus of a peer community to bounce ideas off and share setbacks and successes, And, if SH101 practices what they preach, the offering will only get better!"
Side Hustle 101 Alumni
Meet Your Instructor
Jeff is a former English & ESL teacher. He left the traditional workplace of the past in 2012 in pursuit of more autonomy, meaning & money through side hustling. He spent the first 2.5 years of that journey doing pretty much nothing but failing. Making mistakes. Falling down. Trying to get back up. He had a romanticized view of what entrepreneurship was all about - the realities of getting started were a serious test of humility, grit & adaptability. He learned that those are the prerequisites to taking your side hustle from idea to launch. It’s those human skills that will get you through the inevitable early challenges of starting & growing a side hustle.
Today, Jeff is pursuing those currencies that matter most to him through a portfolio approach to his professional life. He is growing an adaptable portfolio of work through side hustling that currently includes coaching, consulting & training through his sole proprietorship, being a partner and head of training with the Digital Trades School, and leading Side Hustle Courses & Partnerships with The Maker’s Collective.
What lights him up more than anything is working with grassroots entrepreneurs who want to transform their pathway to flourishing through learning & entrepreneurship. Jeff believes that growing a portfolio of work through side hustling is your way to take more control of your life, your way to find more autonomy, meaning, & money, and your way to defend against the uncertainty that surrounds the workplace of today.
Meet your Guest Coaches
Kelly Broocks - Owner of Pretty By Her, Social Worker and Mental Health Advocate
Kelly is the owner of Pretty by Her, a company specializing in high quality sweet and sassy handmade products. Kelly started her side hustle while working as a full-time social worker, and just over a year ago left her day job because her side hustle grew into a full-time gig!
Kelly is the perfect coach for those with questions about the following:
- Using Etsy versus Shopify as e-commerce platforms
- Growing a brand and business primarily through social media marketing
- Starting and growing a business in a saturated market (tips for how to stand out, shine and succeed)
Danielle Green: Owner of Artisanal Design Co.
- Identifying and creating social media strategies that will grow your business
- Tools and insights on when and how to pivot your business in a profitable direction
- How to formulate an actionable plan to help you gain engaged followers that will then convert to customers
Ashleigh Thomas - Financial Goals Specialist and Coach
Ashley is a financial services representative at Libro where she helps her clients understand and achieve their financial goals. She is also an avid photographer, entrepreneur and loves a good cup of coffee. She looks forward to meeting you and assisting you on your prosperity journey!
Ashley is the perfect coach for those with questions about the following:
- Getting started with financial goals, setting up a bank account and making sure you are creating a strong foundation for your business to flourish financially
- Things to consider when getting started with selling and managing finance resources available to you locally
Rob Langlade - Small Business Specialist and Coach
Prior to becoming a Business Specialist and Coach at Libro, Rob worked as a high-tech entrepreneur within the Kitchener-Waterloo region for over 18 years. He is passionate about helping local businesses prosper and exponentially impacting the community.
Rob is the perfect coach for those with questions about the following:
- Helping businesses (especially those with at least 1 year of proven sales) exponentially scale, by combining strategic business advice with a variety of commercial banking solutions
- This includes advocating and underwriting business loans / lines of credit and much more
Irene Lee - Founder of Impact Accounting, CPA, CMA
Irene is a Toronto-based outsourced CFO. Taking a different path than the typical trajectory of accountants, she joined small agencies and firms to pursue her entrepreneurial spirit and understand every aspect of accounting as well as what it takes to run a business. An excellent communicator and passionate collaborator, Irene helps inspire business owners to understand how the numbers can inform strategy.
Irene is a perfect coach for those who have questions about the following:
- What you need to know to be prepared for tax season
- How to know when it's time to stop doing your own taxes and start working with an accountant
- What constitutes a write off and how write offs work
- When to get an HST number
- When and how to incorporate
Lacey J Heels - Co-Founder of the Maker’s Collective, Marketing Consultant & Business Coach
Lacey is a marketing strategist, brand & business coach, online educator, commercial artist and podcaster. After a decade in corporate communications and marketing, working with many Canadian and global brands, Lacey decided to take the leap into entrepreneurship to launch her marketing consulting business. Lacey went on to co-found The Maker’s Collective, a community, podcast, and business development hub for the next generation of creative professionals and entrepreneurs. Today, Lacey works closely with her clients to grow their brand and business online, runs educational events & workshops, and speaks on the topics of branding, self promotion, and how to be successful in the gig-economy.
Lacey is the perfect coach for those that have questions about the following:
- How to address and embrace the monster in the room: fear
- How to create an authentic personal brand
- How to sell and promote yourself without feeling icky
- What social platforms you should be on and how to find your ideal client
Meet Some Of Your Fellow Side Hustlers
Read What They Have To Say About Their Experience In Side Hustle 101
Justin Barrow - Photosynthesis
Meet Justin Barrow, Owner of @photosynthesis_pb a business aimed at educating those interested in plant based living including guided lessons by Justin, who is a trained chef.
Before SH101 Justin:
- Was looking for a project/something to do that was tied to his passion
- Lacked the accountability he desired
- Didn’t know where to start
- Didn’t know what he wanted from the course
After SH101 Justin Walked Away With:
- New guiding principles for growth and success
- Found support and belonging within the SH community, which he shared didn’t end after the course
- Be vulnerable, learned that it’s ok to fail
- Customer discovery played a big role
- Started putting himself out there on IG
- Confidence & self-discovery
- Gained a road map
Meg Jacklyn - Copper and Gold
Meet Meg Jackyln, Owner of @copperandgoldproject a passion project turned business, Meg is a master thifter and DIY queen, finding lifestyle designs for the home and bringing them to life for her customers!
Before SH101 Meg:
- Had a good concept for her business, but felt like there were still a lot of unknowns
- Would have never called herself an entrepreneur
- Was keen to expand and learn new skills to bring her business to life
After SH101 Meg walked away:
- Feeling confident calling herself an entrepreneur!
- Learned how to test ideas and do research to set herself up for success
- Felt much more resilient
- Learned how to be more accountable by learning to build a routine and mechanisms to do the work
Meet Nora, a diversity and equity training expert at Red River College, working to build a platform for elders to navigate travelling post covid-19.
Before SH101 Nora:
- Hadn’t started yet
- Felt that side hustling was a dream
- Had many ideas, but felt like she had no idea where to start
- Had no desire to leave full time job - thought it was all or nothing (either full time job or full time entrepreneur)
- Took a business planning course and found it overwhelming, uninspiring and still felt like she knew nothing about business
After SH101 Nora walked away:
- A new perspective, and reframing of how to shift her lifestyle to make work fulfilling for her
- Knowing it is possible to start a business and that it’s ok to have ups and downs
- With a new area of expertise and new tool kit to apply to her business/work
- A new sense of independence, loving that her business isn’t anchored to another organization, it’s her own
- A strong sense of community from the program
- Positive impacts on her full time job and her life from taking the program
"I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking for a well organized and supportive platform to launch and grow a successful business. The coaches and instructors were well experienced and very helpful each step of the way!"
Side Hustle 101 Alumni